In water-based muds, as incorporation of drilled solids progressively influences the mud rheology, it may be of significant benefit to reduce the viscosity of your drilling fluid using a thinning agent (deflocculant).
These highly effective products avoid the need for mud dilution which also requires replenishment of mud chemicals and increases mud volume and disposal costs. In addition, once present, thinners will maintain a dispersed drilling fluid rheology, thus protecting against mud gelling or flocculation due to contamination and /or high temperature. This in turn will help achieve a thin filter-cake at the wellbore and will avoid excess fluid loss and associated issues.
We provide a range of thinners which bring additional advantages:
- Quick make-up and thinning action
- Temperature stability
- Can be used over a wide pH range
- Ca / Mg tolerant
- Low order of toxicity or non-toxic
Alcomer® 74L is our unique thinner and deflocculant that provides the cleanest and most effective mud viscosity control. Some additional benefits with this product:
- Accepted as the cleanest and most effective route to mud viscosity control
- Provides a very high divalent metal ion resistance particularly at elevated temperatures
- Functions over a wide pH range
- Contributes to fluid loss control
- Reduces mud viscosity without mud dilution
- Thermal stability to 250ºC - Prevents mud gelling at high temperature
- A bead that provides very good solubility, in addition to other bead advantages e.g., easy mixing, less dust (also offered in liquid form)
Polythin® is a superior deflocculant for clay / water based muds. Here are some of its benefits:
- Superior deflocculation of bentonite at temperatures up to 500 °F (250 °C)
- Adsorbs onto the surface of clay platelets, preventing the flocculation of bentonite
- Reconditions gelled muds by deflocculating bentonite. This makes the fluid pumpable again, with low static shear strength
- Also supports fluid loss additives - combine with Polydrill® for a systems approach
- Decreases API and HTHP filtrates of drilling fluids.
- Electrolyte tolerance
- Stable and low viscosity in high solids muds
- Low treatment and replacement levels
Basogan DR 130
- Liquid dispersing agent
- for use in aqueous systems of sparingly soluble solids that are inorganic in nature.