- Customised formulations with defined froth characteristics to achieve superior flotation performance (e.g. recovery increase by up to 10%) at reduced dose rates and costs.
- Benefits are obtained by maximizing frother performance across the range of properties that influence flotation performance such as bubble size, bubble coalescence, induction time and froth stability, which a single chemical is not able to do.
- Safety and handling aspects are carefully considered during frother formulation:
- All BASF-formulated frother products are classified (GHS) as a Category 4 flammable liquid with a flash point between 60°C and 150°C
- This reduces the handling efforts that are prevalent with more flammable alternatives
- We also strive to ensure that toxicity and ecotoxicity values are as low as possible
- Cost effectiveness
- Higher Recovery
- Less Chemical Usage
- Lower Energy Consumption
- Better Health & Safety