Kinetic gas hydrate inhibitors (KHIs) are applied to prevent gas hydrates from forming during gas production, especially in offshore operations. They are effective at low dosages and provide a sound alternative to alcohol or glycol injection. They reduce the rate of hydrate nucleation, and they also reduce crystal growth by interacting with H2O cages.
- Proven technologies in many field cases
- Effective up to sub-cooling temperatures of around 10 °C
- Registered under EINECS, TSCA and DSL
- Luvicap® Bio is the first biodegradable KHI (OECD 306 >50% in 28 days) Y1 registered in Norway
- Performance of Luvicap® Bio is very robust under different conditions and is used in drilling operations
- Luvicap® 55W has high cloud point for high temperature injection
- Luvicap® EG and 55W are widely used products